Emerging Frontiers: Performing Arts & Esports Medicine
Sports Medicine Association Singapore is pleased to announce that our Annual Symposium will be held on 25 September 2021! This year, our Annual Symposium will focus on two emerging fields within Sport and Exercise Medicine – Performing Arts Medicine and Esports Medicine.
Performing Arts Medicine focuses on patterns of illness afflicting performing athletes, specifically dancers, singers, actors, and instrumental musicians. In this Symposium, we will discuss the musculoskeletal, neurologic, vocal and psychological aspects of managing these performing artists.
Esports (competitive video gaming) is an emerging world-wide phenomenon that has seen exponential growth despite the pandemic. The health of Esports athletes is however often overlooked. We aim to throw light on this relatively new topic and include multidisciplinary insights from primary care, musculoskeletal medicine and rehabilitation, psychological medicine and ophthalmology.
We will be covering Performing Arts Medicine in the morning session, and Esports Medicine in the afternoon session. Our target audience includes doctors, allied health professionals, industry stakeholders, performing artists and Esports athletes.
- Title: Emerging Frontiers - Performing Arts & Esports Medicine
- Date: 25 Sep 2021 (Saturday)
- Morning Session: 9am - 12.30pm (Performing Arts Medicine)
- Afternoon Session: 1.30 - 5pm (Esports Medicine)
- Venue: Online webinar on Zoom
- SportSG Continuing Coach Education (CCE): 2.5 hours per session
- Singapore Medical Council Continuing Medical Education (CME): 2 points per session (pending approval)
- S$10 per session
- S$16 both sessions
- FREE registration via promo code for current SMAS Members (membership info)
Check out our speaker bios and talk synopses:
If you are interested to support our event by being a sponsor, do contact us at email@example.com and we would be delighted to answer any enquiries.
Hope to see you there!
Proudly Sponsored By
Proudly Supported By