SingHealth Duke-NUS Sport & Exercise Medicine Conference 2023
Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Pre-Conference Workshop
- Date: 23 - 24 March 2023 (Thursday & Friday)
- Time: 8.30 am - 5 pm
- Venue: Changi Simulation Institute, Changi General Hospital (CGH)
- Fees (excluding GST - 7% BEFORE 16/12/22, 8% from 1/1/23, no payments 16-31/12/22):
- SingHealth and Duke-NUS Staff: SGD 550
- Non-SingHealth and Duke-NUS Staff: SGD 600
- Lunch provided
- Accredited 8 Singapore Medical Council CME points
All Pre-Conference Workshop participants are eligible for 20% off Main Conference registration fees!
Visit Main Conference website here !
The SDSC '23 Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Pre-Conference Workshop is a basic to intermediate-levelworkshop to introduce participants to not only bedside ultrasound techniques of common upper and lower limb structures, but also ultrasound-guided injectable therapeutics like viscosupplementation and platelet-rich plasma. Bringing together sports physicians and radiologists from various hospitals across all 3 healthcare clusters, the workshop will cover both the clinical and technical aspects of ultrasonography of all major joints. During our small group practice sessions on simulated patients, participants will be grouped according to their pre-workshop familiarity level with MSK ultrasound, enabling faculty to customize teaching to the group's needs. Faculty to participant ratio is also kept at optimum (maximum 1:4) to allow ample exposure for each participant to gain hands-on experience.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Understand basic ultrasound physics and knobology
2. Appreciate clinical application of ultrasound in evaluation and management of MSK injuries
3. Identify common sonoanatomy and pathology of major upper and lower limb structures
4 Acquire guided hands-on ultrasound scanning experience in small group sizes
5. Learn and practice ultrasound-guided injection techniques
6. Gain exposure to portable handheld ultrasound devices and injectable therapeutics (viscosupplementation and platelet-rich plasma)
Who Should Attend?
Specialists and trainees in the following specialties:
1. Sport & Exercise Medicine
2. Family Medicine / General Practice
3. Orthopedic Surgery
5. Rehabilitation Medicine
6. Emergency Medicine
Workshop Program (subject to change)
Our Sponsors & Supporters
Proudly Supported By